- 6 Guerrero® Flour Tortillas Riquísimas
- 1.5 pounds of country style boneless pork ribs
- 1 cup of Adobo al Pastor* (marinade)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup of pineapple, diced
- 2 cups Chihuahua cheese, grated
- ¼ white onion, diced small
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime cut in wedges
- Marinate the sliced pork ribs in the adobo for at least 3 hours or up to a day.
Adobo al Pastor – Ingredients
- 2 Guajillo chiles, seeded
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of Achiote paste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of clove
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- In a frying skillet, over medium-high heat, sauté the chiles until smooth; then remove from heat.
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Main Dish – Directions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Preheat a grill pan. Take the pork ribs out of the adobo and drain any excess marinade. Add the vegetable oil to the pan and grill the pork ribs for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until well done. Set aside.
- When the pork ribs are cool to the touch, chop the meat into small chunks. Set aside.
- On a comal or skillet, warm the tortillas and then place them on 2 baking sheets. Sprinkle grated cheese evenly among the 6 tortillas. Top with the meat and add the pineapple.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Cut into slices, top with onions and cilantro, and enjoy with a squeeze of lime and your favorite salsa.